Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Sign Junkie

I admit it. I'm a sign junkie. 




I just think they're so fun to have around. I love the typeface, and graphics. I also like clothing labels. Sometimes the artistry that are a part of those is amazing. If I'm upcycling clothing, I often include the label on the outside of the article if it's a good one!

On a recent trip to the Keys, I saw a sign that really caught my eye in an ice cream store. They wouldn't sell it, so I made my own.





Resurrection Upcycle got started by using "junk" I had laying around, and I've pretty much stuck with that philosophy. I knew I could make my own sign with some leftover sub-floor in the garage, and paint from the basement. I always make my own stencils on the computer and cut them out with an exacto knife, or just trace them onto what I'm using. I'm not that artistic, so using computer fonts REALLY simplifies my life!!






It took me a couple of days to paint, dry, and sand, but my final product turned out okay!





 





The ice cream store had theirs above the door, so that's where I put ours too!




Who stills the roaring of the seas,
The roaring of their waves,
And the tumult of the peoples.
They who dwell in the ends of the earst
stand in awe of Your signs;
You make the dawn and the sunset 
shout for joy.
You visit the earth and cause it to overflow;
You greatly enrich it;
The stream of God is full of water;
You prepare their grain,
for thus You prepare the earth.
Psalm 65:7-9




No comments:

Post a Comment