Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Lights & Irons

We moved into our present home about 13 years ago, and it meets our needs quite nicely. Except for the fact that it's really dark. No ceiling fixtures makes for dark rooms. As much as I'd love to put in pot lights, it's not in the budget. And I hate cheap lamps, as I've had several get knocked over just because they're light weight and unstable.

So, I keep my eye out in thrift stores for nice heavy ones that need some love. Recently I found a couple that would work quite nicely for one of the bedrooms. $2.00 each and other than the socket, they were in good shape electrically. Ugly, yes. But with potential!!




 So I took out my favorite can of paint and got started. 







Added lampshades, and since they're in the same room, I just used the same shade. Nothing else really caught my eye, so matching it is!!






  

As long as I had the paint out, I updated an old sad iron too. We get a great breeze through our house, but that means slamming doors. These little irons are heavy, they look way better than a brick and make great door stops. What was done to this one was a little weird. Not sure what the point was.......






 But with a little paint, it's great!


 





No more slamming doors!




For we know that if the earthly tent
which is our house is torn down,
we have a building from God,
a house not made with hands,
eternal in the heavens.
For indeed in this house we groan,
longing to be clothed with our dwelling 
from heaven,
inasmuch as we, having put it on,
will not be found naked. 
2 Corinthians 5:1-3 



No comments:

Post a Comment