Tuesday, July 26, 2016

It All Started With Some Free Wood

I'm blessed enough to have friends that feed my habit for junk. Call them my enablers, but they often provide me with the most wonderful transformable stuff. Sometimes I sit on it awhile, sometimes I get to work right away, but eventually it all gets used. 





A couple of months ago, a friend that was moving out of the area gifted me with four 4X4 posts, and I knew immediately what they would become. It didn't take long to get "my person" to work with his chop saw to cut them into cubes. He also gave them a rough sanding so that I could get to work.













Some circles and a paint pen were all I needed to make dice








A good sanding with the palm sander, and a couple of coats of my good friend, polyurethene





I love the way classic inside games are being converted to play outside, and the idea isn't an original one, but I loved it so wanted to make some of my own. The posts became a few "YardZee" games. Our short people are gonna love these!!







Laminate the score cards and use dry erase markers for outdoor durability!





They make really fun "shelf sitters" as well. 










For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol;
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to 
undergo decay.
You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever. 
Ps. 16:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment